Monday 17 June 2013

Rainbow shawl

Here is my new project, I've been itching to get this one cast on. I could bear to wait no longer! So far I've only had to rip it back and restart once, hehe. I am finding the yarn (100% wool) not too bad to work with, although its not as soft as I'd have liked, the colour of it is a total delight! The way each colour changes into the next is art in itself. I have to wait and wait until I get a quiet few minutes, children free to sneak in a few rows so I don't get lost on the chart. Although the rows are getting longer and longer soon I'll have to find a quiet few hours! (Yeah, right)! I am thinking of this project as a long term work of art, its not something you can do with distractions around you. I dream everyday of the future with this creation, imagine wrapping it around me and snuggling into it. I imagine wearing it on my head when I pray, for this really is what it is my rainbow prayer shawl. Isn't God amazing? How he made us to be so imaginative and creative, for we are made in his image, and just look what beautiful creations he surrounds us in everyday. Look around you everyday, even when your sad, look for the best, see the beauty, just one thing everyday that makes you smile. Be it a flower, a rainbow, a book, your child, a friend. It could be something big or something really small and simple, but if you look for it you will find it. When you feel low it is a hard thing to do, because we naturally see the bad that surrounds us. But it is worth it, sometimes only you can pick yourself up again. What beautiful, blessing have you found today.....?


No comments:

Post a Comment